rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

RvF, what do you guys do for a living? Any salesmen here?

RvF, what do you guys do for a living? Any salesmen here?

Software Engineer here, working in Virtual and Augmented Reality presently.

I started learning web development, got hired at a consulting company for web dev and by luck ended up getting put on VR and AR (HoloLens) projects for enterprise clients. Been at the same company since graduating college (2.5 years).

Was difficult getting started, but my route has been undergrad in Finance, took a coding boot camp junior summer of college, practiced coding as a hobby until I graduated. Interviewed and got an offer starting work during my last quarter of college.

As far as getting into the VR/AR space, all that was learned on the job and via YouTube (I still use YouTube daily at work lol). I predominantly work within the Unity IDE with C#.

There are surprisingly a lot of VR opportunities/work out there for enterprise and defense-related clients.

Working for a consulting company, it's an interesting mix of engineering and sales surprisingly. Often Engineers have to be interacting with potential clients to speak to technologies in depth. Those with a tech background or are planning on going into tech and are interested in Sales, starting a career in consulting might be a good mix of both worlds and give some opportunities to pivot from engineering to sales etc.

Any questions feel free to send a PM.

Messages In This Thread