rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

RvF, what do you guys do for a living? Any salesmen here?

RvF, what do you guys do for a living? Any salesmen here?

Quote: (08-11-2017 06:06 PM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Hilariously, i'm in sales as we speak. B2B as a matter of fact for software.

It's probably the hardest thing i've ever done (coming from IT). You get over rejection really fast. Took me three weeks, but I finally have two solid prospects in my pipeline. Let's see if I can close them.

You also need to be "hungry' but not starving in sales especially when the cycles are so long with big ticket items. For me i'm grateful my wife has a steady income stream while I close a few prospects.

OP, a lot of guys hate on college (myself included) but a degree would open some more avenues for you especially in sales. I would seek a degree that you can get for pennies on the dollar. Look at doing a 2+2 (community college and regular) or local state school. Just make sure your expense is stupid low.

Interesting Beast. What would you say makes sales the hardest thing you've ever done? I'm assuming it's the constant grind to generate new clients? Do you find yourself stressing out often in this job?

Messages In This Thread