rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Daysy - Birth Control without hormones

Daysy - Birth Control without hormones

Quote: (11-03-2018 11:00 AM)redbeard Wrote:  

Quote: (11-03-2018 10:26 AM)notmyrealname Wrote:  

These apps work by telling people not to have sex when the woman is ovulating, which is also the time she is horniest. You might avoid sex with her that time, and she can lie and cheat on you with another man when she is most fertile and horny.

I agree, you should always pounce on your girl during her ovulation window. The point of the ovulation calendar is to make sure you're not nutting in her on fertile days. That way you have back-up in case the IUD fails. You could also use condoms during those days to be extra safe.

Sorry for the late reply, I was trying to figure out how to quote posts from a cell phone. This is a good solution.

Quote:Quote:

I would not trust any woman with any cycle tracking method who I don’t mind marrying and impregnating. With Pearl, you have to trust your LTR to measure her temperature first thing in the morning, every single morning. With the other method, you have to trust her to enter the correct cycles each time. There is no room for error.

I also agree. Coincidentally, if a girl is not responsible enough to take her pill consistently or measure her temperature, she probably isn't LTR material.

Additionally, I don't want any woman I care about to have to go through the pain of abortion.

As I've gotten older, I've learned to focus more and more on sleeping with quality women who are marriage/mother material.

Outside of abstinence, every birth control method has a failure rate. If you have enough sex, it's possible you'll knock her up.

My policy is that if I knock up my girlfriend, I will wife her up and raise the kid - no matter what the situation. Once you accept this, or go through enough pregnancy scares, you start getting real picky about who you sleep with.

This is a very good point about LTRs. They should be responsible about doing something at the same time every day. However, there is another aspect you may not have considered. The LTR may deliberately ask you to release inside on an ovulation day or falsify the dates of her cycle on the app to become pregnant “by accident”. While you have a good policy to avoid any woman you would not marry, many men do not apply those standards to the women they are involved and could easily run into many difficult and tragic situations if they rely on a woman to use this app as their only form of birth control.

Quote:Quote:

Copper IUDs can be displaced by rough sex and result in pregnancy. Have seen it happen twice to people.

I have to think that this is chalked up to the 1% failure rate that all birth control methods have, which is why I recommend two forms - IUD and cycle app. You can also pull out, which means you're using THREE methods.

It seems this would be the best solution. Pull out, IUD, and cycle tracking should be more than enough to prevent pregnancy.

Messages In This Thread