rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Home Winemaking

Home Winemaking

So I've been interested in getting into home winemaking for the following reasons:

1) Like to know how things work, enjoy creating/building things and craftsmanship and self-sufficiency in general.

2) Enjoying/cooking with wine more frequently.

3) Little bit of additional bait/intrigue for having women over.

4) Personal finances and fuck you to government led social decay. I live in a jurisdiction that heavily taxes alcohol (among other things) then proceeds to waste tax dollars on all kinds of useless/negative things.

5) Bringing to dinner parties/house parties/hangouts to save cash, have a bit more swagger, and easy conversation starter (I plan to try making different varieties for fun/to learn more and the batch sizes seem far more that I will consume on my own since I only drink moderately).

I've found a number of kits in local stores/online, though also heard homemade wine can turn out really good or really bad.

My favorite red and white wines are Cabernet Sauvignon and Chardonnay, and I was thinking of starting with those for that reason. That said, what I'd really like to start with are wines which are easy to make well, and also versatile for both cooking and drinking.

Does anybody here have any experience/recommendations/pointers/datasheet on this?

Messages In This Thread