rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What would you do with $10K?

What would you do with K?

Quote: (07-28-2017 02:01 PM)Baphomet Wrote:  

Quote: (07-27-2017 04:00 PM)goodington Wrote:  

Quote: (07-27-2017 11:12 AM)booshala Wrote:  

Quote: (07-26-2017 03:08 PM)goodington Wrote:  

I'm most interested in niche side businesses that require a moderate capital investment and low time commitment.

I thought your post was a little silly when reading the OP, but it's gotten ridiculous after you've shot down pretty much everyone's suggestions of travel, fashion, crypto, etc. Essentially, what you're asking for is the secret to taking a very small amount of upfront capital, not work very hard at it and stack cash. Keep on dreaming if you think anyone - especially strangers on the Internet - are going to give you the keys to a unicorn business like that.

In all likelihood, even if you found some sort of side business that only required $10k, it'd probably take time and revenue away from your 9-5 or your other small business that's pulling in decent cash. Want something passive? Stick it in an energy MLP or a solid REIT like OHI which is yielding 8%+. Reinvest all dividends and in 10 years, you'll see your share count at least double with whatever capital gains come along in the process.

I certainly didn't shoot down everything, or at least didn't want to imply that I was; trading crypto and buying an existing website seem like potentially good ideas that warrant further investigation, as does some sort of online shopping business if I can identify an underserved market. I'm willing to take a chance on something high risk in weird niche that could benefit from being managed by a guy like me with good business acumen. In many industries there's room for many small fish, so we're not necessarily competing against each other by sharing info.

He said, "...pretty much everyone's suggestions." And that included suggestions that would add value to the lives of your family. You didn't even mention booshala's other suggestions, which while not exciting, are good investments for their future value.

According to your answers - You've done all the traveling with all the hotties, and are already making all the investments you need, and have every physical object that you that you could desire. That's a lifestyle that many would kill for. Congratulations.

Perhaps you should consider charity. Choose 5 local charities, food banks, children's homes, or abused animal shelters, and give them each $2k. That money that you're will to toss away on a website selling fidgit spinners or some shit, will be vastly more appreciated and better used by properly run charitable organizations. (And you even get a tax break if they are 501s)

But in line with your other responses, I'm guessing that you already give 20% of your income to charities.

You know $10K will buy a lot of powerball tickets!

Or buy $10k of bubblegum and pass it out to the homeless so even after they chew it, they're still hungry. (Paraphrasing Rabbi Chappelle)

Messages In This Thread