rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Positivity / Good News Only Lounge

Positivity / Good News Only Lounge

[Image: 635791798200988769-1738193081_half-full-...000x70.jpg]

This is a thread I've had in mind for quite some time.

In a world where we are deluged with stories of violence, societal decay, globalization, muslim invasions, cynicism and on and on I'd like to carve out a place on the forum for members to share positive stories, events, experiences, thoughts etc: anything goes as long as its positive

We also live in an amazing time on an incredible planet full of natural wonders, and incredible people, and opportunities. These things people and experiences are more accessible than ever in the history of mankind

There's plenty of negative landscape on the forum to vent in

This is the optimists oasis

Why is is important? If I had to summarize it in one word it would be
this:

Mindset

A positive mindset is critical in achieving a fulfilling, happy life. In the end isn't a version of that all any of us want?

There is only one person with whom we communicate 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 52 weeks a year, every year of our life. Ourselves.

Our mindset / self communication effects our emotions, self confidence, self esteem.

Having a primarily positive outlook is essential in achieving what we want. This is immutable

So here's an immediate challenge

Think about the last five days. Name five good things that happened to you. Can you do it? It doesn’t have to be anything big or major—it can be little things. Maybe it was a bright day out yesterday. Maybe you met a new chick in the café. Or big things. Reached a new level of income? Wife is pregnant? Now how many good things can you name?

The ongoing challenge

Whenever something anything positive good happens, no matter how big or small Post it here. Share your good news. Hear about something positive? Had a game epiphany? Post it here.

I am an eternal optimist but Im striving to be even more positive. What I’ve noticed is that, when I’m around positive people, talking about good things, I feel better. I feel happier. And I get more done. Positivity inspires more positivity, just like one kind act can inspire another. So , instead of seeing the glass as half empty or even as half full, strive to think and act positively. In my mind, I’m just glad there’s a glass with water in it at all.

Just like our bodies can be shaped and or changed so can our minds / outlooks.

Start exercising your positivity filter and watch it grow

"Leap, and the net will appear". John Burroughs

"The big question is whether you are going to be able to say a hearty yes to your adventure."
Joseph Campbell

Messages In This Thread