rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Looking for guidance

Looking for guidance

I’m 34 and while I’m aware of game and have read about it for a long time, I haven’t put it to use out of fear, so I'm basically a newbie. I’m on a six-and-a-half year dry spell, mainly due to social anxiety. I get along with most people reasonably well at work, apart from attractive women who I tend to avoid. However, I think my conversation skills are not great and my friendships with people are pretty weak. I’m something of an introvert loner by nature, but would like to have some good sexual experiences before I die, preferably without paying for it.

I’d say people would perceive me as a good guy but quiet and relatively unassertive. I’ve been to cognitive behavioural therapy a few years ago but didn’t derive much benefit from it. Without getting into my past too much, in high school I was a comic book and movie nerd, and didn’t get laid until I was 20, with a very unattractive hooker, so that gives you an idea of my starting point.

I’m in decent shape, and train on average three times a week. I’m 5’10 and weigh 86 kilos or thereabouts. Looks-wise I’d say I’m a 5 if I had to quantify it, as I’m losing my hair, and using Finasteride and Minoxidil. I’ve fooled around with one hot girl in my life, the ones who I slept with (only two girls) were not attractive. I think my biggest issues are a perception and experience that hot women don’t find me sexually attractive, and being in denial about how much I need to improve in social interactions.

One cute girl at work has seemed interested lately, but I’m sticking with the ‘don’t shit where you eat’ policy. I'm located in Australia, and I don't know anyone in my life who can provide much useful guidance in this area. I’d like to ask for advice and for anyone here who has gone through a similar experience, how did you get past it? I want to deal with my fears and approach women, but also want to be realistic about what I can achieve with my looks, social inhibition and lack of experience. Thanks in advance for anyone who reads and responds.

Messages In This Thread