rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Index fund investing - is it defeatism?

Index fund investing - is it defeatism?

Quote: (08-31-2018 06:00 AM)Australia Sucks Wrote:  

Yes Kidtwist I still think sometime in the middle of the next decade is when the next big crash is more likely to occur but I cannot say that with confidence.

However between 6 and 18 months out from the next big crash I expect numerous indicators to be flashing red. That is what I will be looking out for. For example warning signs I will be looking out for during the next crash are U.S. interest rates being at a high level, U.S. land prices having declined over a 6-12 month period (with other housing market indicators such as construction and affordability, etc also being weak), an inverted yield curve, the completion (or near completion) of record breaking skyscapers (or other record breaking globally important constructions), weak outlook statements/guidance by companies for the year ahead, frenzied and irrational speculative hysteria by the masses, record breaking (largest in history) takeover deals and IPOs, the majority of asset classes (most major stock and property markets in the world) all hitting record highs together and riskier assets (emerging and frontier markets, etc) enjoying turbocharged returns, higher inflation. There are also some other indicators I will be following as well.

Interesting, I'm wondering what the currency collapses occurring outside the USD will do ... those are knocking on the door. Most non-US stock markets (looks like all except the Nikkei) are down for the year too.

Messages In This Thread