rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Index fund investing - is it defeatism?

Index fund investing - is it defeatism?

Quote: (07-15-2017 02:34 AM)Australia Sucks Wrote:  

Quote: (07-15-2017 01:04 AM)SamuelBRoberts Wrote:  

Quote: (07-15-2017 12:19 AM)Teutatis Wrote:  

Only? That's a lot of money for a lot of people. Let's not start going all "pointy elbows" with sums of money now.

In any event, I think what's in order here is a datasheet from OP about how to learn how to beat the stock market in your spare time: what to learn, what to look at, how long it's going to take, what kinds of returns you can realistically expect. I'd love to read it, if he's willing to write it, and if he's not there's really no use for this thread.

SamuelBRoberts I am not totally opposed to the idea of eventually writing a datasheet about how to invest in stocks, but I do not want to seem arrogant.

Dude starts a thread about how most people are investing stocks wrong, and are giving into "defeatism", then says he doesn't want to seem arrogant.
Man that horse left the barn with your first post here in this thread.

I'm a believer that knowledge stands on its own, particularly in a forum where we have so many talented people (I know there are several day traders and technical analysts who read this section) so if your knowledge is good, and it's well-presented, it will be very well received. I know I'm very interested in learning how to invest, but I'm finding it a huge and complex subject that's extremely risky. So I would be interested in hearing what you have to say, as well as what the people I trust have to say about your ideas. I would imagine many other people would as well.

Messages In This Thread