rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Index fund investing - is it defeatism?

Index fund investing - is it defeatism?

Austrialia Sucks, I dont mean to be negative but I really dont agree with your position. I think the stock market is an evil thing and should be avoided where possible by workers. The stock markets only purpose is to help the rich and elite get richer. It has a negative affect on average workers. You can get all excited by your little victory, but then you could easily have lost that money you started with, and many have. Much of it will be luck.

Your view is too narrow and you are only looking at the success you have had but you do not see the large negative affect the stock market is having on society. It is like one slave saying to another "You should invest in our slave-owners, they only beat us once a day, you can make more than some other slaves". Yes, the slaves will invest in the system that keeps them down and competing against one another.

You are thinking that you have done well and outperformed an average guy who invests in index funds, but the elites are outperforming all of us by a factor of 1000s.

We talk all day long about he negative affects of global corporations, the financial systems and the elite culture. Then someone comes along and says its all good lets play the game we might make a little pocket money if we sell-out our values.

Any penny you dont put into the system is one less penny they have control over.

Messages In This Thread