rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Miami Vice (TV Show) Appreciation Thread

Miami Vice (TV Show) Appreciation Thread

I've been watching these lately as they come on one of the few channels I get at home.

I loved the show when I was a kid, but it's been laughable to me as an adult.

I watch ot for the nostalgia but it's hard to take seriously sometimes.

One episode features Crockett warning Tubbs not to fall in love with this girl and Tubbs is seducing and being seduced, in probably the most corny ways possible.

Of course Sonny is also working on a caper that requires him to beat big drug dealer in a pool game to convince him to do business with him.

He takes off his white blazer and proceeds to beat the brakes off the other guy, in his sleeveless t-shirt and little wimpy arms.

(Or something like that)

All in all I still enjoy it, it's fun and captures the 80s so well.

On a sidenote the same channel has Johnny Carson come on at the late hour he normally did, and he was also not very funny. It was interesting though because the last episode I watched was from 1982 and the govt was threatening to shut down and he was saying "wouldn't that be great"? to loud applause. I'm not sure if it was a shot at Pres Reagan or what but it was interesting seeing the same things happening then and now.

Messages In This Thread