rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Creativity Corner

Creativity Corner

yeah I am too late to work industry and I am not passionate enough to do this as a living.
If I were young, I would work in a movie set or intern for someone as a slave for couple years instead of going to film school though (you are still useless after graduation but)

I am just into Cinematic style. I use bmpcc and bmcc. Maybe I will get ursa mini for paid projects but those two are enough for unpaid collab shoots I am doing right now.

DSLR would be better for shooting events since average customers don't care about cinematic looks and those auto focus and all other automatic functions will come in handy.
If I get into shooting weddings and stuff as a side gig, I would probably get gh4/5 or sony a7 series.

Btw, I don't have that much respect for photographers. (one of the reason is that technology made kids jumping into photography and they flooded instagram with that hipster look)
But I have a huge respect for cinematographers since it's very hard to shoot moving subjects right.
they say photography is 1/100 second of art. You need 3 seconds of good footage to use it for film. That's 300 times more than a photo.

Quote: (07-14-2017 04:16 AM)crdr Wrote:  

Quote: (07-13-2017 11:48 PM)Sebastian Wrote:  

Are you a cinematographer? I am into cinematography right now. I started just on my own about 2 years ago. I was into pictures for little bit and realized everybody was doing the same thing with their dslr these days. Pictures seemed boring to me too so I ditched my dslr and I just shoot film now.

That's where I specialized in. But the Golden Rule in Movies is to take any job to get you in the door. So I got 'lucky' and got my start in Visual Effects.

You're better off shooting film for artistic purposes rather than commercial projects that demand DSLR like Weddings and shit.

Imho, I don't think you'll ever get the film look with digital. You'll be much more distinguishable shooting film than the local boob who points and clicks with his cell phone.

You're more likely to find a good Master to study under learning Film rather than DSLR. Once you know Film inside and out. DSLR is a cinch.

Messages In This Thread