rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Worth it to leave family behind to live abroad?

Worth it to leave family behind to live abroad?

Time to cut the umbilical cord...

60 isn't that old and it sounds like she knows she will be fine without you if she's encouraging you. Let's be honest, something bad can happen whether you're there or not, you could live with her for the next 20 years and go on one holiday and that be when something happens. When it's time, it's time and worrying about that is just wasting breath on things you can't control.

Realistically you're using your mother as an excuse to not do something you want to do because it might not work out, it's the old fear of failure and/or the unknown. Remember, if something goes wrong your mother will be there waiting and ready to welcome you back with a big hug, she's not going to stop thinking the world of you because you chase your dreams and do something you want to do (and if she would, then all the more reason to do it...).

In this age it's easier than ever to stay in touch, honestly I grew closer to my mother once I moved out of home because we spent the time we had together far better and I've grown way closer to my dad since I left the country because for whatever reason being thousands of km away brings you closer than being within meeting distance.

Messages In This Thread