rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

To Stay or Go (University Related)

To Stay or Go (University Related)

Quote: (07-12-2017 11:06 PM)soviet_dissident Wrote:  

I suggested alternatives (coding bootcamps, taking practical finance courses, the trades) because I’m trying to talk you out of this route entirely. The Catcher in the Roosh, if you will (that would actually be a great screenname). The gate guards whose egos you must stroke at each stage are not to be trusted with your life/livelihood. Am I projecting my own biases and life experiences upon you? I am probably not wise enough to divorce myself from them.

Alternatives which I admit I do appreciate and will consider. I appreciate your honesty and personal integrity in acknowledging potential biases.

Quote:Quote:

Regarding Europe, I will reiterate my point: if you want to work in the U.S., it doesn’t really make sense, unless it’s for personal edification. And if you want access to European female students ;-) (though many are granola leftists from other countries [Image: undecided.gif] ). Perhaps most importantly, if you do pursue it, you must get a sense of the quality of the program beforehand. I have found a dearth of information in this regard. Erasmus kids in Europe don’t have to worry about paying much for the programs, so there seems to be a lack of competition/quality (unless you’re talking about top legacy schools, like LSE and Oxbridge—the only three high-quality ones I can think of off the top of my head). Be sure to avoid any Soros-funded institution.

Is there a website or easy metric for determining the quality of a particular program? One thought I've had is to go to a top university in China and learn Mandarin, but I am not very sure how to compare programs between different universities. Is it by the number of graduate papers produced?

Messages In This Thread