rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

DMario's Papua New Guinea Log

DMario's Papua New Guinea Log

After a 16 hr flight to Hong Kong, I ended up missing my flight to Port Moresby due to their outrageous baggage policies. I had my bags checked from USA all the way to Port Moresby, yet once in Hong Kong I was told by Air Nuiguni that my bags wouldnt be transfered because I had two bags with United and Air Nuiguni only allowed one (even though im on one itinerary). So after two days of fun in hong kong, a $25 per kilo baggage fee, I finally depart to Port Moresby.

The actual flight with Air Nuiguni wasnt as bad as I thought. I thought I would be flying on some jungle turboprop plane haha. The plane was actually really spacious and provided a nice lunch and some snacks.

I arrived in Port Moresby and felt like I was on the Avatar planet or something. Transitioning throught the airport was pretty smooth. I went to get a sim card at the local mobile shop. I ended up getting the girls number while I was there. Data prices are extremely expensive here. 10gb 150sms and 100mins for about $140.

The city itself is pretty lawless. I spent a year living in Phnom Penh, Cambodia but this place is on a whole other level. The media portrays this place to be alot worse than it actually is though. I'm 6'2 220 and the average guy here is about 5'6 so I've had no problems. I don't have transportation so I pretty much walk everywhere..even at night. Most of the people who live on my compound have never even left the compound besides to get groceries die to fear from the media.

Surprisingly there in grocery stores theres a wide selection of foods, you can pretty much get anything, but for about 3x the price in the USA. You can expect to pay about 3x the price of anything you would buy in USA or Australia.

The people here are generally friendly. They are really intimidated by foreigners and speak really low and hold their head down though. Walking on the streets looks like a blood bath from all the betelnut they chew. They mix the nut with a seashell power and it makes their mouth look full of blood. Everyone here pretty much has rotten teeth. I've seen pretty half australian girls with rotten teeth. All people here have a decent concept of english.

The girls here are really ugly, the ugliest i've seen in any country, but every once in awhile I stumble up on a cutie. There are more cute ones than most people probably think. Most of the girls we see as westerners are the ones from the tribes in the highlands. Girls from the coast look more like tongans with long curly hair and gentler faces. The girls from bougainville look like they are imported straight out of Africa, with flawless chocolate skin and fat asses. You will see a decent girl maybe 1/40. If you can find one of these girls that doesnt chew betelnut then you are winning. If you see these girls you really have no room to hesitate because you don't know when you will see another one. Day game is pretty much the only way to go here. Girls will be extremely shy but will likely give you their number. As a tall black-american I think I look close enough to what they're used to, yet still exotic and better looking than any local here, that its easy for me. In my 10 days here so far I have already knocked down two girls.

Im going to try to keep this thread as I'm here longer. I will be here working for around a year.

Gonna try to go out this weekend to get a nit of perspective on the nightlife.

Messages In This Thread