rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Obtain Second Citizenship: Comprehensive Review of Citizenship by Investment Programs

Obtain Second Citizenship: Comprehensive Review of Citizenship by Investment Programs

Quote: (08-05-2018 04:55 PM)Going strong Wrote:  

Then, if what you say is true (there might be exceptions listed afterwards in the Constitution, I don't know), Russia is an exception, compared to most countries of the world.

And note that I said, in my post above, "most" countries, and not all.

Also, regarding this, I quote: "Do you have anything to support that baseless comment? I'm not interested in what other countries do", I can't help but smile at your (amusing) aggressive stance and mood: very typical for Russian men indeed. Relax, my friend, have another shot of vodka.

Now, the reason why most countries in the world make exceptions regarding their non-extradition laws, is that they logically want to avoid attracting people who are in (massive) trouble with the law in their original, native countries. So to discourage this kind of unsavory people from applying, most countries make exceptions to their laws.

I just think it's quite arrogant to label something a "misconception" when you're not versed in the topic at hand. Russia is not 'other countries'. The Constitution goes on to state that citizens should be afforded protection of the state even when they're abroad. Russia often uses that clause to justify its incursions into neighbouring countries.

That clause holds quite a lot of weight in the Duma and amongst other powerful Russians as they're often accused of various transgressions of internaional norms and laws. Treaties and the international courts may have ultimate jurisdiction in whichever country you're in, but in Russia they don't.

If you don't believe me, here it is in Putin's words: "Never. Never. Russia does not extradite its citizens to anyone" / «Никогда. Никогда. Россия вообще своих граждан никому не выдает»

Messages In This Thread