rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

EZ bar upright rows

EZ bar upright rows

Quote: (07-07-2017 10:48 AM)Stallion Wrote:  

^^^

Upright rows are compound exercises too. They go very well together with overhead presses.

For me they are almost as important as primary movements such as squats and weighted pullups.

If you have healthy shoulder mobility, you will be very far away from an impingement position (assuming you do it correctly). If I go to nipple height, I'm still 30 cm or so bellow the point at which my elbows start to impinge. Going higher than nipple height doesn't seem to give me any benefit.

I don't get the dumbell stuff.. The dumbell technique (externally rotated, arms higher) is what I've always done with a barbell anyways. It looks like the dumbells always follow a straight path in front of his body, so whatever he does with dumbells he could do with a barbell?

I will give it a try during my next workout though, you never know.

IMO upright rows, EZ bar or not, are good, and so are overhead presses. However, the risk of injury is too great for me to continue with them. Do them if you must, because they do work and work well, but know that you should set aside some money to pay your orthopedist/PT/chiropractor when you mess up your spine or shoulders.

Messages In This Thread