rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

EZ bar upright rows

EZ bar upright rows

Quote: (07-05-2017 11:28 PM)bucky Wrote:  

Quote: (07-05-2017 02:09 PM)Fortis Wrote:  

I love upright rows, but I often notice that guys are doing them far too heavy for their size. I have pretty decent shoulders and delts, and I really don't go heavy on shoulder exercises. It's a teeny, tiny muscle group that you don't wanna destroy.

Even guys like Dimitry Klokov don't go all that heavy when you consider how strong guys like him are. Gotta train shoulders with the eye towards sustainability and joint-health.

Also, if you're getting pain from Chin ups and stuff, I'd suggest getting some rings and doing them that way. Your wrists aren't designed to be locked and unable to twist when executing those pulling motions for your chins/pull ups.

Not to mention, doing rings will help you develop the muscles more effectively since you twist as you pull up. Gives you a nice forearm workout.

I like the idea of rings, but I don't work out in a gym and can't imagine how I could set them up at home.

About not going heavy on upright rows, I thought on pretty much any lift you were supposed to go to failure and once you can finish all your planned sets with good form, add more weight. Is that not the case? I'm interested in hearing other guys' opinions about that.

I don't often go to failure on exercises, but I know some guys do. Typically, at the end of an exercise, I'll do a static hold. So I'll hold at the top of the upright row and really really squeeze the muscles.

As a rule, I don't like exhaustion-style training since I fatigue more easily than others, but perhaps it works for some.

I will be checking my PMs weekly, so you can catch me there. I will not be posting.

Messages In This Thread