rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Charlotte Datasheet

Charlotte Datasheet

Hope it's OK to provide a datasheet with my first post! Been lurking here but hope I can contribute. Bare with me as it's my first time doing a datasheet...but I'm a well traveled 27 year old white male so I think I know what I'm doing, haha.

There aren't many Charlotte threads on here so I hope this helps. Honestly I much prefer these mid size cities for nightlife and just life in general. Nothing wrong with a NYC but these cities are much more livable.

I lived in Raleigh for 1 year and this was my first trip back to NC since then. I was pretty excited. NC/Southern girls are sweet and approachable. This trip was recent, June 2017.

Quick overview: bars/clubs close at 2am, and this is one of those cities where it's only super busy on Friday/Saturday nights. You will see action during the week, but it's not that busy. Also, as is common with mid size cities, most girls will not be out alone but with their friends.

Areas: Everything revolves around Uptown for nightlife. There is also NoDa/Plaza Midwood, just a few bars out that way but if you are looking to pull or have a good time then you will be in Uptown.

Getting around/day game: I stayed in a hotel 1 block from Epicentre, they aren't so expensive compared to other cities. Did not need a car in this case. But Charlotte is a very spread out city. Not many areas to day game...you pretty much have Uptown, NoDa, and South End. So focus on night game here.

OK, the nightlife spots to hit...

Epicentre: Everything in Charlotte revolves around the Epicentre. It's like a big 4 story complex with escalators/stairs that houses the majority of the nightlife in Uptown. People also hang out in and around it. Excellent place to bar hop and pick up. Sure it reminds me of Vegas or something with how purposely put together it is, but you can't go wrong.

Good bars to hit up in the Epicentre are: Howl at the Moon, which is a dueling piano bar. Very cool they have a house band, people dancing, etc. This is one of the better places in Epicentre. Some other places are Tin Roof, which is like another music type bar. I actually did not spend too much time at Epicentre as I will explain, but those two places are good. There is also a rooftop bar there but I did not go.

Tilt on Trade is also a good place. It's a very narrow dive bar with a DJ and small dance floor. It is not at Epicentre however. But the Epicentre is best if you go there without a plan...see which places have lots of activity, find who's standing outside, etc.

OK, will save the best for last...

I spent most of my time at Roxbury, which is a nightclub 2 blocks or so away. I am much more of a club guy than bars, so this worked for me. It's like the only good nightclub in Charlotte. It's only open on Friday and Saturday nights. They only play 80's and 90's music. 2 levels, first floor is the main area with a bar and tables/couches. Below is the big dance floor, which also has a bar! Dance floor is really big and gets packed. They also have a back patio that has a bar as well.

One of the coolest clubs I've been to, and I pulled from here on both Friday and Saturday. I had mixed results at Epicentre due to lack of busyness/other factors but I killed it here. Direct game works best. I'm from Florida initially and in NC that always helps me tons as there are so many people that move from FL to NC. My pull on the Friday night was with a brunette from FL, next night I got a local girl.

Again, almost everyone will be out with their friends. But girls are very approachable. I'd probably go back just for Roxbury as it was one of my favorite clubs I've been to anywhere. However I wouldn't purposefully plan a trip to Charlotte. It's kind of dead during the week. Most guys don't have game though, it's a lot of bankers and local guys.

Great place to go out on Friday/Saturday nights, as with most not too large cities in the US. I actually thought Raleigh was better overall, that could be due to having NCSU not far from Downtown...so it's more lively during the week. Charlotte is more of a business city. There just isn't much separating it from many other cities, but it's a good place for a quick visit. Roxbury made my trip and I'd like to make it back there eventually. It's funny because I actually thought I'd just be at Epicentre the whole time.

I plan to hit some other similarly sized cities soon! I can do a Raleigh data sheet but it'd be 2-3 years old, however I plan on going back there. Love North Carolina.

Messages In This Thread