rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

British-Indian Couple Told they Can't Adopt a White Kid. Told to try India

British-Indian Couple Told they Can't Adopt a White Kid. Told to try India

Quote: (06-27-2017 01:27 PM)kosko Wrote:  

If adoption is the route a couple must take I don't have issues with it. Much better to provide a child with a caring home with traditional parents that are committed to it. I have many friends who have ben adopted and their parents made them all the top priority and they turned out fine (aside from the stress of not knowing who their maternal parents were).

This idea of race and adoption is taboo and comes up from time to time. It is taboo in the sense because white parents make up the large bulk of adoptions. Ethnic couples are a small percentage of those who adopt so cases like this creep up. There is an expectation that ethnic parents take on kids of their same background but this is not feasible in many cases and many times these parents just want a healthy kid to take care of. But again, it is taboo, because many white families will request a white kid, so is this just the agency going off their standard protocol? Who knows.

To me, I don't really care who the parents are as long as they want to do a good job and are male and female. The kid also, I don't think it matters as the alternative for the kid is foster care and to end up a fuck up of the public system in that regards.

I personally would think it would be much more smooth to raise a kid up who looks like you but I really don't think it matters. The kid will grow an attachment to whoever is providing it with its care.

I agree with Kosko. Tommy Davidson, the black comedian from Living Color, Booty Call and many more films, is a black guy brought up by white parents (adopted). He appears well put together.

OUR NEW BLOG!

http://repstylez.com

My NEW TRAVEL E-BOOK - DOMINICAN REPUBLIC - A RED CARPET AFFAIR

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00K53LVR8

Love 'em or leave 'em but we can't live without lizardsssss..

An Ode To Lizards

Messages In This Thread