rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Currently planning epic RTW trip - looking for 30 day "break" locations

Currently planning epic RTW trip - looking for 30 day "break" locations

Hey folks,

For the better part of the last year and a half I have been planning my RTW journey. I have a very good job here in Canada, make good money, and have a generally great life all things considered, but I have the all-powerful urge to test out the nomadic/traveler lifestyle. I'll be able to get my job back when I return, and my planned budget will allow me to live fairly well. Forum users like Vinny and Digital Nomad's threads have definitely given me a boost in planning. They provide awesome data and motivation to pull the trigger. I'd say I am about six-eight months away from tendering my resignation.

I have built up a solid couchsurfing profile (this was hard work, hosting and meeting up with some serious losers for references) but it has already paid dividends on recent trips. Girls are about 20x more likely to accept a request if you have good references from males and females. I'll use CS, stay in hostels, mostly in private rooms when available, the odd hotel and Airbnb, and will eat/drink mostly whatever I want. It'll be a fairly expensive trip, but that's why I've prepared this long. I am fortunate that I travel a lot for my work, and have built up quite a large sum of hotel and frequent flyer points. I've also begun churning credit cards and have nabbed additional rewards.

I expect the trip to be in the neighbourhood of ~450 days. I plan on visiting 40+ countries in that time. I have a friend in Europe who will let me use her place as an European "base" so to speak, and will explore most of Western Europe via short-term train trips.

I have evenly scheduled in 4 30-day "breaks" but am looking for recommendations as to which cities/countries you guys would recommend for an extended stay. I'd be looking at apartment/AirBnB rental for these. I feel like I would get sick of nonstop movement for a year and a half, and that these breaks will be highly welcome.

I don't care where the locations are. I'll take any and all suggestions, and I can then modify my schedule to separate them/plan the sequencing properly. My only factors of concern are, in no particular order:

1. Reasonable (average) or cheap cost of living. These "layovers" are not only meant to be a break, but also a way to extend my trip without burning a huge hole in my pocket. I would not do this in NYC, Sydney, London, Hong Kong, etc.

2. Women, obviously. Day game, nightgame, online game, whatever. A "best time of year" with your recommendation would be great as well.

3. Basic quality of life. I don't need luxury or western world style development. I also don't want to spend 30 days in Somalia.

4. Walkable city or good public transportation and/or cheap taxis. Ideally I would be living in the city centre and/or a great location. I could rent a car, but I really don't have interest in doing so.

A little about me:
-25, white, 6'2, 205lbs, fit but not shredded, speak English, decent French and currently developing Spanish. Game level is above average. During the trip I'll be looking to increase my avenues of passive income, work on cold-approaching, and ideally develop some connections that will last beyond the trip itself. I am not looking to find a wife.

In exchange: I am going on a 3 week trip to Nicaragua in about a week. Call it a test run of living in hostels, travelling with minimum supplies, gaming nonstop etc. There's some great material on Nicaragua in the forum but most of it is a few years old. I'll be sure to provide a detailed and up to date datasheet upon my return.

Thanks gents!

Messages In This Thread