rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Amazon Buying Whole Foods (I'm a Past WFM Employee)

Amazon Buying Whole Foods (I'm a Past WFM Employee)

Quote: (06-17-2017 10:33 PM)SlickyBoy Wrote:  

Quote: (06-17-2017 08:38 PM)The Beast1 Wrote:  

Peapod eh? Sounds like you're in Stop and Shop land!

Really, at the end of the day TJs and Whole Foods doesn't hold a candle at all to Wegman's. If you have a Wegman's, you get the best of both worlds: organic, cheap, and you can still go and buy Oreos and processed Kraft goods if you want. If you're in our around Mass, check them out. I don't know if they've expanded to other New England states.

Stop and Shop land, a.k.a, Boston? Yeah I'm not there, but I know about Peapod from people who are - they say good things about it but I've never used any kind of food delivery service. Similar companies like that are scattered around the country and if Amazon gets involved, they're all history.

I agree, Wegmans is pretty amazing but also not everywhere unless you're in upstate NY.

Go to the website: Wegmans has multiple stores in PA, Jersey, Massachusetts, and Maryland(and soon NYC). My local store's 24/7 so I shop very early and avoid aisles congested by the riff-raff and desiccated elderly.

Unlike walmart, I don't think Wegman's goal is blanket the US and put a store in every town of 10,000+ people. It's quality over quantity and I like that.

I've used PeaPod, it's great. You order on the website and pick a general delivery time. Not sure how an Amazon grocery delivery service, which they sort of have already(Pantry), would eliminate all others unless they:

1) Use driverless trucks.
2)Drop ship your food by drone.
3) Eliminate the minimum delivery amount(peapod is about $70.00)

Quote: (08-18-2016 12:05 PM)dicknixon72 Wrote:  
...and nothing quite surprises me anymore. If I looked out my showroom window and saw a fully-nude woman force-fucking an alligator with a strap-on while snorting xanex on the roof of her rental car with her three children locked inside with the windows rolled up, I wouldn't be entirely amazed.

Messages In This Thread