rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

US Universities Increasingly Seeking International Enrollments

US Universities Increasingly Seeking International Enrollments

Quote: (06-18-2017 11:53 AM)Liberty Sea Wrote:  

Quote: (06-18-2017 11:49 AM)Suits Wrote:  

The Western world benefitted from automation too. Washing machines, gas/electric stoves and other conveniences that turned what used to be a full-time job for a housewife into just a few hours of work a week.

Do people now work less than they used to?

Surely they did. The French work 35 hours a week. Europeans typically work less than Americans and Japanese do.

Automation in 20 years will be dramatically different from what it is today. Even Japanese will start working less, I believe.

Europeans work less because of cultural differences, not because of automation. And it isn't like the French 35 hour work week has been some raging socioeconomic success either.

I think you misunderstand a crucial aspect of East-Asian cultures. Winning is the only thing that matters. When you've won, continuing to win is all important. You achieve this by taking full advantage of all the power you have.

Fathers aren't working their asses off in China because it is necessary. Just like in Japan, they do it because the people in power want it that way.

I was just talking to a forum member about his teaching job. He's been working at a school this school year and now the school wants to add a ton of office hours to his contract for next year.

Is this because his performance has been unacceptable? Nope. They're just not pleased with the balance of power.

In East-Asia, the ideal workplace balance of power is pretty straight-forward. The employer has all the power and the employee by design has none. If the employee doesn't like it, they can leave. The first step is to ensure that the employee spends the maximum amount of time working, even if there is no work to actually be done.

Legally, this isn't the case, but that doesn't stop people from failing to receive the full protections of the law.

I'm the King of Beijing!

Messages In This Thread