rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

US Universities Increasingly Seeking International Enrollments

US Universities Increasingly Seeking International Enrollments

Quote: (06-18-2017 11:22 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Send me a PM the next time you are in Beijing. Drinks are on me.

Sure. Looking forward to it, bro.

Quote:Quote:

The current situation in China is like any third world country. Power is everything. There's no real belief in fair play or equality. Current standards of living are increased at the minimum rate necessary to prevent wide scale rioting or another "Cultural" revolution.

Sure, the rich can afford to give their children the education they choose, but for everyone else, the existing system is the only one they afford to consider.

Like any social system, the Chinese one is designed to punish people who threaten the existing power brokers, which is why HR reps, for example, won't take into consideration any work experience achieved before the completion of one's undergraduate degree.

Qualifications other than a university education will leave you flipping burgers in China, unless of course if your family is loaded.

The middle class, those would have the most to gain by collectively think differently, are the ones who can afford to do so the least. Business ownership by those with little money isn't uncommon at all in China, but it consists of just scrapping by.

Those who do not have money to fund little Duoduo's future as an entrepreneur would be confining Duoduo to a worst existence than he would be basically guaranteed by suffering through high school, writing the gaokou and doing all the other things he is supposed to.

I agree with most of what you say here, but as I stated in my response to Fortis, the trend isn't about affording a Gaokao-free education, but about fathers taking up their traditional role to inculcate masculine value, discipline and life skills for their sons. Boys are supposedly play less video games and going for more physical sports and outdoor activities, honing social skills, etc... I believe it's affordable for a middle class lifestyle.

Messages In This Thread