rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Leonard's rural living datasheet and QnA thread.

Leonard's rural living datasheet and QnA thread.

Nice post Leonard.

Interesting as I feel this is quite relevant to my situation. I've been working 4 month stints in rural WA over the past year - albeit I don't think we can consider towns with ~30k all that rural - namely Geraldton, Kalgoorlie, Albany. Pretty decent centres with sizeable hospitals (I'm a nurse) - so I've hardly got the 'people know when you're heading to the laundromat, buying your groceries' vibe however, you do frequently see the same faces. And the same patients in the hospitals.. 'frequent flyers' we call them.

But all the same Albany for instance, for its size, you certainly feel a lot of 'click' to the place and can tell outsiders don't easily break in. I'm not putting roots down in these places and that's obvious - it supports the 'bring your own lady' ideal rather than hunting. Although in my line of work, THOTs inevitably present themselves and I take the opportunities when they arise - which is pretty much my go to in rural life given the alternative Trailer Trash that presents itself. YOLO and all - I'm still yet to try some native tail [Image: dodgy.gif] but alas things haven't got *that* desperate. But in seriousness, it works for me cause I don't get lonely and easily amuse myself with my own hobbies and interests - and save basically 90% of my coin with cheap subsidised accomodation also. The social interaction I get is limited to my work colleagues which is reasonably tolerable I'd say.

Having said that - my next stop is a town of ~700 people way up north in the Pilbara so I think that will finally give me a genuine taste of what you're describing with the <1k population.

I'm looking forward to it.

Messages In This Thread