rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Leonard's rural living datasheet and QnA thread.

Leonard's rural living datasheet and QnA thread.

Quote: (06-04-2017 11:58 PM)Laner Wrote:  

Tasmania eh, now its starting to come together.

I spent a good part of a year down there when my boss sent me to a farm north of Bicheno to do ranch work for a friend of his. Mostly fencing. A fck load of fencing.

It was good except when the owner got shitfaced. He had a homely German girl to do the cooking and he would drink a bunch of white Russians and then hit on her horribly. It got real bad one night so I stole his ute and took her into Bicheno for the last time. He became aggressive toward me so I quit too.

I did a weed harvest near Deloraine for a bit as well. This was better, I had a Japanese chick in Davenport and a cute little country girl in Launceston. Clipping buds was perhaps the worst job ever as I sat in a room with a bunch of stoned out hippy chicks all day. I managed to flip a bunch of weed in Melbourne for the guy and was tempted to do some more runs but thought better of it. I am not much of a drug guy.

I do love Tasmania, and of all the rural places in Oz its still my favorite. Its patchwork of villages and towns is about perfect for rural living, as nothing is too far from anything, unless you get down into the south west. But its pretty wet down there, the rolling hills in the north are bit more ideal. Also the beaches of the north east are perhaps the best in the world for this climate. The white sand is so fine it squeaks under foot.

Good for you Len, you chose a fantastic spot to live your life and raise a wonderful family.

Cheers, Laner (I meant to reply directly to this post earlier).

It's nice to know another RVFbro has walked these lands and can see the place with my eyes.

Drugs are an interesting part of the island. From the time I arrived I was warned by the locals of various spots to avoid.

The drug game down here is a losing prospect for anyone not willing to go hard. Trusted local sources tell me that it takes the coppers about three to four years to cotton on to a serious grower and sniff them out. Given how isolated much of the bush is, with fantastic natural rainfall, the winning premise is (apparently) to grow a fucking ridiculous amount of weed over two or three years, sell it to distributors and then close up shop for a few years more.

Apparently a few local guys have made close to half a million bucks over 3 years doing it that way and never gotten caught. Not exactly "retire fat and happy" money but pretty good for a bunch of country hicks that dropped out of school ASAP.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Messages In This Thread