rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why deosnt the U.S have a city/wide rail system?

Why deosnt the U.S have a city/wide rail system?

Quote: (08-31-2011 07:29 PM)speakeasy Wrote:  

What I wonder though is why can't we have the clean but affordable intercity bus systems like in S. America? Greyhound sucks balls compared to the buses in Argentina and Chile. Being on those buses was like flying in first class. Full reclining leather seats, movies, hot meals, pastries, even champagne! If they had such services here I would use them rather than driving.

Speakeasy raises a good point, every long-distance bus I rode on in south/central america was pristine and efficient. I'm surprised at how inferior the quality our Greyhound service is in comparison. Most of the people on a Greyhound bus are the working-poor or below. While in So. America their buses and numerous competing companies attract a far wider range of income levels who demand a higher level of service.

"I'm not afraid of dying, I'm afraid of not trying. Everyday hit every wave, like I'm Hawaiian"

Messages In This Thread