rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

An honest discussion about China

An honest discussion about China

Quote: (11-11-2017 03:50 AM)Suits Wrote:  

Quote: (11-10-2017 04:41 PM)Vasily Zaytsev Wrote:  

IMO, it is definitely possible that within the next few years, more nations will begin to put restrictions on foreign investment. I'm not sure if anyone saw the news, but, New Zealand recently instituted a ban on foreign real estate investment. It makes me wonder if this will potentially lead to some sort of domino effect in the future.

In this article from the Guardian, the author cites real estate investment from the world's top 1% as a major cause for this legislation, however, I think most reasonable people know that this is nothing more than an attempt to halt China's slow takeover of their country.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2017/o...nda-ardern

For years, countries like Canada have welcomed foreign investment in real estate, because it was a means of encouraging economic growth.

Obviously, people have begun to wise up to the fact that allowing too much of this may do more harm than good on the long run, because it tends to price many of the local people out of their own real estate market.

However, governments probably won't react strongly to this until it starts to threaten their power or the power of the national elites.

Yep. You're definitely right about it driving up all housing prices and forcing out locals. It will be interesting to see if Canada or Vancouver ever change anything.

By the way man, I've followed this forum a while, but, my account is still new. Do you know how to tell whether or not someone has responded to a post? I never receive a notification after each new post...

Romans 8:18-21

"Most insults are compliments in disguise" -Mr. G

Messages In This Thread