rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Russia and South Africa: Reciprocal waiver of visa requirements

Russia and South Africa: Reciprocal waiver of visa requirements

Not relevant to many people here, but a topic worthy of discussion between me and my countrymen:

This is from the Russian embassy in RSA's website:

"The Protocol between the Government of the Russian Federation and the Government of the Republic of South Africa on the reciprocal repeal of visa requirements for foreign travel passports, that was concluded by an exchange of official documents, will come into force on March 30.

Under the Protocol’s provisions, citizens of Russia and South Africa travelling without the intention of working, studying or living in the other country’s territory, are free from visa requirements and can enter, stay or transit without a visa for a duration of up to 90 days."

Has anyone taken advantage of this? Does anyone have access to the full press release? Am I reading this correctly- i.e I can literally get on a plane, do whatever I want (excluding work and study) with no paperwork requirement?

I have been considering visiting Ukraine for a long time, purely because of the lower cost, but where I'd really like to go is Russia. According to numbeo the cost of living is on par with Johannesburg, which I can tolerate if there's no Visas involved.

Messages In This Thread