rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Going back to the US: Final thoughts on Spain and Europe in general

Going back to the US: Final thoughts on Spain and Europe in general

Quote: (05-22-2017 06:40 AM)El_Gostro Wrote:  

We had, or probably still have, a similar situation in Argentina back in the early 2000's.
The local job market is lacking, and the individuals that have above average capacityand/or education will seek to relocate to greener grass which of course arent the larger part of the population. Hence why you will find so many argentinians in the least likely of places even today.

I think until the late eighties if not the nineties Spain had always been a country with a large capacity of emigrative workers, meaning times of crisis and/or incompetent governing are not very alien to the local populace, many will naturally shrug it off and continue their day with a tightened belt, the younger ones who do not have a strong backing as you pointed out many do will have more pressure in finding a situation that provides greater stability. I would dare estimate many of the people that leave now would come back at some later point due to the strong family culture prevalent.
Argentinians on the other side are less likely to come back as they seem to be less culturally rooted in general...

I find this is true of Spaniards emigrating around Europe but not to the Americas (North or South). Europe in general as you know is not at all welcoming to anyone "foreign" or different...despite official rhetoric.

What you say about "shrug it off and continue their day" is exactly why this country exasperates me. They have one of the most corrupt governments in the world and yet, nobody gets punished, nothing gets truly investigated and they shrug everything off with that irritating "qué será será" passive, non-Western attitude.

Just the other day (to give you an example of this) I was in Consum (you know what I'm talking about) and this awful woman just cuts in line. Nobody dared say anything to her except me -- I said "excuse me, you weren't here, you need to go to the back of the line". She was really shocked that I called her out on it...but Americans in general just don't put up with that crap. She then gave me an attitude and I said "get some manners" -- I'll write in Spanish what I told her since you speak it: "eres una maleducada de mucho cuidado". But again, I was the only one who called her out on her behavior, because people here are pushovers. I've got no respect for pushovers and doormats.

Messages In This Thread