rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why the movie Fight Club is so popular within the Self help / PUAs / Red pill crowd ?

Why the movie Fight Club is so popular within the Self help / PUAs / Red pill crowd ?

Quote: (05-20-2017 10:50 AM)Quintus Curtius Wrote:  

I think he just doesn't get it. Or doesn't want to get it. Because this is the thing: this movie really disturbs some people. They can't deal with it. Revealed on the screen, for all the world to see, is a bit of reality. It hammers home the point that those apparently quiet, unassuming young guys out there--whom everyone denigrates and abuses--carry with them the potential for revolutionary change. And this message terrifies the liberal establishment.

Recalling it's release in the cinemas as I was heading into my 20s, the guys in my social circle all thought it was great but didn't connect with it on an intellectual level. None of the girls "got it" and in hindsight they obviously turned up to see Pitt shirtless (though none confided it).

Personally the movie didn't toss me all the way into the land of the red-pill but certainly gave me a violent shove in that direction. I really should watch it again but it obviously made an impression on me, because despite seeing it only once I can almost remember it word for word, scene for scene.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Messages In This Thread