rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why the movie Fight Club is so popular within the Self help / PUAs / Red pill crowd ?

Why the movie Fight Club is so popular within the Self help / PUAs / Red pill crowd ?

I love the movie, and QC did a great write up that I enjoyed reading ^

But... and it may have been for PR purposes to get the movie made... when it came out the entire promo campaign (including Fincher) went on and on about how the movie was a satire on a bunch of white guys who just read too much Nietzsche (I'm paraphrasing, but this is basically what they said).

And the author of the book is a wretched and degenerate queer. So it's not out of the question that he meant for the characters to be parodies.

Still, the movie somehow transcended this in a lot of ways. It's also just masterfully made, and we see such little craft in filmmaking these days. The reveal was consistent and not just a stupid M Night Shamamalamalooon whoopsie-doodle. The movie holds up to many repeat views.

But I kinda also get where Patrice is coming from. Fight Club is the white man's Scarface, where we ignore all the damage they do at the end because we really like where they are at the middle.

Messages In This Thread