rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What would you do?

What would you do?

Quote: (09-01-2011 08:07 AM)Dash Global Wrote:  

Id advise investing that money and not blowing it on traveling.

Your 30 not 20....

That's actually one reason to move abroad - to preserve your wealth through investing. I was in a similar situation as the OP, but with more financial resources. I've been abroad travelling 1.5 years now and its been an awesome way to have a really good lifestyle while still having time to focus on investing.

If I had stayed in the US I would have blown more of my savings just surviving, while having a lower quality of life (I would not be able to eat out three times a day, drink whenever I wanted, or do whatever activities I wanted). Staying in developing countries is an awesome way to preserve wealth compared to blowing it in NYC or SF. So far I've been able to break even through investing, and at one point before the recent crash I was way up.

So if the OP has 200k he can stay abroad for a year or two and still go back to the US (if he wants) with a significant amount of money. If he pulls only a 5-6% return he will be fine.

Messages In This Thread