rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Homeopathy, does it work?

Homeopathy, does it work?

Quote: (05-14-2017 04:01 AM)Quaestum Wrote:  

I've tried homeopathic therapies about 10 - 12 years ago to cure my allergies - never to any avail, so I'm not inclined to spend any money on it for possible future health issues. I tend to agree with the view that it "works" as placebo on some people.

On a side note, I do not believe taking prescription medicine unless absolutely necessary (ie to kill a bacterial infection) is any good for our bodies. The best approach is the simplest one: Live a healthy life wherever possible.

some things work, some things don't, its all a matter of your perspective.

I have suffered from allergies, sinus infections, and osteo arthritis for years. Took prescription medicine, antibiotics, etc. for years. the antibiotics screwed up my intestinal bacteria and made me feel lethargic for years.

I have started eating better. Little gluten, more veggies. I supplement with spirulina and tumeric, and my sinus infections and allergies have almost gone away, and my arthritis pain is reduced about 80%.

so in my case i would say a lot of traditional medicine is a placebo or worse, since not only is it expensive but its unhealthy.

I don't know what the term is for what i did - nutrition? herbalism? I don't know, but it worked for me. I feel much healthier. And I learned it from people who call themselves homeopaths.

Of course, there are homeopaths that are complete quacks too.

My point is there is value and dangers in both. Its not an all or none thing. There is more truth in homeopathy, and more falsity in corporate medicine, than is acknowledged.

Messages In This Thread