rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I had a religious debate in Hyde

I had a religious debate in Hyde

Actuallyy I have had experiences that I would call 'spiritual'.

However, that doesnt mean I accept I specific type of God exists (one which has not even been defined).

I had a dream of my granddad and myself in a hot air balloon, going up to the sky and having fun, at one point my grandad really turned up the heat and the balloon accelerated up really fast and I became scared. For some reason I fell out and hit the ground and felt I had died. I mean I really felt I had died, but it was not a bad feeling, maybe even a good one. When I woke up and saw my mum she told me her father in India had passed away that night.

Well, that was a nice little experience, but does it mean there is a god, I wouldnt draw that conclusion yet.

For me, Atheism just means it is only valid to talk about things that are well-defined and make sense. Talking about a non-defined vague notion of God doesnt make sense as it can lead to all sorts of nonesense conclusion. As an Atheist the main thing we discuss things that make sense and are well-defined.

If someone says God is the Universe, then fine, but what purpose does the word God fulfill if Universe and God are one and the same. Then, there is no God, but only Universe, and you are an Atheist.

If you want to discuss God, then fine, it must a specific and sufficiently well-defined thing for it be discussed. If you say there is 'something else' then that could be anything, even some part of the physical that we dont know about, so that 'something' should not be equated with God, but with the Universe.

Messages In This Thread