rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

I had a religious debate in Hyde

I had a religious debate in Hyde

It's always amusing to me that atheists like to present themselves as superior rational beings surrounded by a bunch of illogical nutcases, probably influenced by the fact that a lot of the foremost figures in the atheist sphere are quite an obnoxious bunch (Richard Dawkins, Ricky Gervais, etc..).

Atheism is in my opinion a rather childish worldview, nothing more than a rebellion against increasingly declining religious stricture. It is an extension of the same mentality that makes a girl with strict parents go nuts and sleep with 20 guys the moment she gets away from her family as a big 'fuck you' to them.

It is no coincidence to me that the most hardcore atheists that I have known were raised in very religious families. The aggressive and annoying way that they had to attack everyone who had a different worldview was nothing more than an attack against a projection of their pasts, a constant need to justify their decision to walk away from the beliefs imposed upon them by their families.

I can empathize with them to a certain degree, as I am also very much of the belief that most of the major religions have lost the plot when it comes to spirituality, favoring empty ritual and dogmaticism over the essential truths that all religion across the world can be traced back to. Unfortunately when transitioning away from superficial religion they have merely swung to the opposite end of the spectrum, rather than finding the truth in between.

The fact of the matter is that atheism can only survive through ignorance of reality, and by hamstering away events that conflict with their 'logical', 'scientific' worldview. No joke: I have literally witnessed an atheist friend of mine (raised in a Muslim family) telling me a personal account of him being fucked with by some invisible force in a place which was known for being haunted in his community (for which he mocked people for being overly superstitious prior to the event), only for him to end the story with 'maybe it was all just my imagination', or something similar to that. Maybe I will ask him to tell me the story again and I will post it up somewhere, it was quite a fascinating story actually.

Once you have been in this world for long enough, life will eventually confront you with occurrences and events that cannot ever fit with the 'map' of reality imposed by atheism. Once this occurs, the choices that remain are to update your flawed worldview, or to continue in a belief system (yes, that is what atheism ultimately comes down to) that is a denial of reality.

I would encourage anyone considering themselves atheists to stop by this thread and read through some of the posts as some food for thought. Maybe it will trigger memories of certain events in your life that are along the lines of what I have described in the paragraph above, or maybe it will simply allow you to throw down the barriers that you have erected around your mind, and experience life with a more open, nonjudgemental mindset (in my opinion the most important starting point), or maybe you will simply think that everyone in this thread is lying (and if you do, fair enough, believe what you will). But do stop by.

Check it out:

Experiences that made you question the nature of reality

RVF Fearless Coindogger Crew

Messages In This Thread