rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Traditionalist Catholicism and breakaway movements (SSPX, SSPV, etc.)

Traditionalist Catholicism and breakaway movements (SSPX, SSPV, etc.)

Quote: (05-22-2017 05:50 PM)Neo Wrote:  

Serious question, anyone wife hunting in these communities?

I found a local traditional community and am going to visit and just get involved for the long term. Hopefully something meaningful comes out of it.

As a side note I need to go to confession and make some major changes. I'm a big believer in like attracts like and if I want the type of woman I'm looking for I really need to get off tinder and wasting time with women who I know don't fit that mold. I decided to stop all casual sex and am just cutting out all girls who don't fit my moral requrements.

Funny thing is this is how I always was. I just took a path for years that I knew deep down would not make me happy.

Sort of - I joined a Catholic young adult organization that spans multiple traditional churches, some in Latin, some not (all Western Rite). I am not sure if I'm going to remain in this city long so wife hunting is the wrong term. I just want some light dating with like-minded people, and want see what the quality of the women and the men my age is among serious Catholics. So far, I have been extremely well-received, and the people in the group come across as far more normal than your average crowd of obsessive Jesus Freaks movies make fun of.

The women are all very well-dressed and respectable, actually to the point where a few of them look far more attractive than they are at second and third glance (that's the magic of a good wardrobe I guess). A lot of genuinely attractive girls.

The men tend to be a little more socially awkward - actually, to a point where I have little competition at a lot of social gatherings. (Not sure what to make of this - I'm often ill at ease socially, and I'm almost the life of the party next to a lot of these guys.) I am sure more than a few of them would make good friends, but the idea of game is something I do not plan on bringing up.

Messages In This Thread