rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Traditionalist Catholicism and breakaway movements (SSPX, SSPV, etc.)

Traditionalist Catholicism and breakaway movements (SSPX, SSPV, etc.)

I've made too many posts in the Orthodox Church thread about the Tridentine Mass (Latin language mass) for comfort. It's time to start my own thread at this point.

I strongly distrust our current pope, and I'd for years been sick of the Christian-rock infected Catholic church that's existed since the Vatican II reforms...so I've begun attending a traditionalist church recently. The masses are all in Latin, there's a strict dress code, and the congregation on average has a large amount of people under thirty. I'm stunned I found this, and I'm almost a little sad I didn't do it at the beginning of college...it would have saved me years of floundering around in the cucked college fraternity scene.

Anyone else on here attending Latin masses? Thoughts?

I would also like to mention breakaway traditionalist movements, since quite a few outraged Christians on Vox Day's comment section drew my attention to them and say their masses are far superior.

A quick background - before the Tridentine Mass was brought back under Pope Benedict, rebel traditionalist orders existed after Vatican II and continued to hold the mass in Latin, the best known being the Society of Saint Pius X (SSPX). In 1988, when consecrations of new bishops under the order commenced, Pope John Paul II responded by excommunicating all involved.

Pope Benedict XVI lifted the excommunications of the bishops when he began allowing Latin masses again, but the damage has been done, and possibly permanently if Catholicism continues in its current lefty direction. Francis has a good decade left, perhaps more. (If he does something REALLY crazy like completely sell out on homosexuality, it wouldn't surprise me to see Traditionalist Catholics, even including quite a few Eastern Rite churches all break off and consider communion with the Orthodox churches. It might be necessary at this point, just hack off the festering limb already.)

There are multiple traditionalist orders today, quite a few in good standing with Rome (like the one that runs the church I attend), some in imperfect communion (SSPX), and some in literal schism, claiming that all popes post-Vatican II are heretics (the Society of St. Pius V is the biggest one of those, I believe, and they're an SSPX breakaway).

Has anyone attended any masses run by these guys? SSPX, like I said earlier, has masses that have been highly recommended to me, and I'm curious to quietly attend a service or two to get my ducks in a row in case Francis goes nuts.

Messages In This Thread