rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Experiences that made you question the nature of existence/reality

Experiences that made you question the nature of existence/reality

I’ve always been a non believer when it comes to supernatural phenomena but since I've started to experiment with psychedelics a few years ago, I'm much more open to the idea. While tripping, I've had a feeling that there is much more to reality then we can perceive. I know drugs are mostly responsible for this feeling but it has stayed with me ever since.

Although I've never had any significant experiences myself, my parents have. My father's story of him being visited by a night demon as a teenager comes to kind. He wakes up in the middle of the night hearing a deep whisper in his ear, that he can only describe as the voice of a demon. He tried to get up, move and yell but was frozen, unable to move anything but his eyes. This lasted for what felt like minutes and the voice and force holding him disappeared, leaving him soaked in sweat.

He told this to his grandma a few days later who immediately asked him what he did. She told him when people do bad things, they are sometimes visited by a night demon. Sure enough he had just been in a fight and beaten this other kid pretty bad.

Although this case of sleep paralysis might have been something else, he assured me that something unnatural happened that night. He and my mother also told me a story of being visited by my great grandmothers ghost while staying in her old cabin.

I'm not sure I believe any of this was supernatural, but my father would never lie to me and I trust his judgment more then anyone I know. I can't help but think there is much more to life and the universe.

Messages In This Thread