rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Bill Nye the ""science"" guy goes to push feminist agenda

Bill Nye the ""science"" guy goes to push feminist agenda

Quote: (04-24-2017 10:35 AM)Hell_Is_Like_Newark Wrote:  

Quote: (04-24-2017 08:51 AM)Baphomet Wrote:  

Bill Nye has an UNDERGRADUATE degree in Mech Engineering. That's it. Why anyone would listen to his drooling idiocy is a complete mystery.

His degree or lack thereof doesn't bother me (I have a similar degree as Nye). Degrees mean a lot less to me compared to facts and logic.

What bothers me is just the bold face B.S. this guy spouts out. A while back, he was on the Anthony Cumia show almost screaming that Greenland is in rapid melt and sea level rise is rapidly increasing.

It took me about an hour to plot out NOAA tide data for several sites, get the land rise/fall estimated rate (from GPS), and put a trend line on the data. In addition, I looked up the ice mass budget (Denmark tracks this) of Greenland.

Result: No change to a slight decline in sea level rise (past decade) and Greenland ice mass was above the 10 year running average.

Try to point out these counter arguments for impending climate doom on many sites that cover climate and you will be banned.

I don't begrudge him for his degree, but I resent what he purports himself to be using that degree. Your average high school science teacher in a decent school district has more scientific chops than this "expert" presenter. It's been awhile since I've been immersed in STEM but if I remember correctly, mechanical engineering is the practical application of structural design. An extremely valuable skill, when actually used, but significant skills in math (provided Nye has those skills with his mere BS) does not translate you to an authority on the organic world.

The public is so dissociated with STEM that they think anything within the acronym is so closely entwined that knowledge of one field can be substituted for another. Bill Nye's degree makes him no more qualified to speak as an authority on climate change or biology or public policy as a ceramics major.

Edit: It's funny how liberals relentlessly mocked Tucker Carlson for his bowtie yet find Nye's endearing to the point of adulation. Just another example of ideology shaping perception.

Messages In This Thread