rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Why is libertarianism equated with autism?

Why is libertarianism equated with autism?

Quote: (04-28-2017 07:51 PM)puckerman Wrote:  

While Constitutionalist militiaman and libertarians have many common goals and many common enemies, there are significant differences. Most of the militia types are very religious; while libertarians have a broad spectrum of faiths, and many don't go to church at all. The first group is also obsessed with "securing the border," while most libertarians are not. Many constitutionalists believe in Creationism and have a generally negative view of science, while libertarians are generally pro-science. A lot of militia types also want to head for the hills, while libertarians often enjoy living in modern society. Many in the first group also focus on conspiracy theories and negative gossip about the establishment (i.e, Presidential sex lives), while libertarians focus on philosophy, economics, and ideas. Back in the 1990's, some of the militia men actually supported the war on drugs; while libertarians have always opposed it. Finally, the constitutionalist militiamen are more defined by what they are against; while libertarians have a better understanding of what they are for.

As a libertarian, I consider the militia types "cautious allies." Most of the time, the constitutionalists are fighting the good fight, but there are also many pitfalls there. We would certainly be better off with a government bound by the Constitution, but the differences are also significant.

I don't associate with the militia groups as much as I used to. But I will always remember when all of them were buying generators back in late 1999. They all sincerely believed that there was going to be an apocalypse when the clock struck midnight on 31 December. Was it just wishful thinking? As you may remember, nothing happened.

I'm glad to see that you've functionally denounced all of the founding fathers, taking a Libertarian minority and functionally splitting it between the fedora wearing atheist crowd on one side and on the other side the only ones that ever got it to work sort of, ie culturally homogeneous Christians.

This is the equivalent of being one of the bottom teams on the ladder and then dumping your best players because they kneeled during the national anthem in contravention of the demands of social justice, then going on to field a skeleton team with predictable results.

Pure neo-libertarian right there. Can't even get along with the people who would have been happy to leave you alone or even support you.

Ayn Rand was right that the smallest minority is the individual, and day by day it becomes clearer that Libertarians will only ever be a disconnected herd of cats... err... individuals.

The public will judge a man by what he lifts, but those close to him will judge him by what he carries.

Messages In This Thread