rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

If you HAD to live in the US, which city would you choose?

If you HAD to live in the US, which city would you choose?

Quote: (08-29-2018 07:24 PM)Crash_Bandicoot Wrote:  

I'm currently in NYC now.

It's a great city if you are still into partying, getting laid, and networking. It is no doubt the best place in the USA, if not the world, to rack up as many notches as possible in the least amount of time.

However, the downsides are that rent is incredibly expensive (rent is even $1,000+ a month in the outskirt areas of Harlem and the Bronx, which are shitholes), it's hard to form long-term friends, everyone is stressed out, in a hurry, or pretty rude, and it's very easy to get distracted (not ideal if you're trying to start a business, trying to focus on getting location-independent, etc.), it smells like shit, and it's very hard to find your long-term partner because everyone is dating and fucking around.

I'm at a stage now though where I want to be in a quieter, cleaner, more slow-paced, and a smaller community feel.

I'll be looking at smaller cities out of the northeast such as Detroit, Chicago, Cleveland...or even the outskirt areas of NY and MA where there are more rural towns

How did you have issues making friends in NYC?

I find that if you live in the younger parts, its pretty easy. Maybe its because I moved there in my early 20s....

Messages In This Thread