rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

If you HAD to live in the US, which city would you choose?

If you HAD to live in the US, which city would you choose?

Quote: (04-19-2017 10:49 AM)Stun Wrote:  

New York from May to November, and San Diego from November to May. NYC is freezing and fucking sucks between Nov-to-April.

I used to have the same thoughts. But, I have turned almost 180 degrees on this. Now, I find NYC summers insufferable because of the humidity. It's a wet heat that saps my energy.

On the other hand, November through late March is cold but there is no humidity. In addition, I find myself looking forward to the cold, now that I know that it helps your immune system, your skin (mine, anyway), etc. I just put on some gloves and wear a heavy coat.

In the past, I would plan my holidays for the winter to escape the NYC cold. Now, I'm thinking of taking more time off in the summer to get away from the f-ing humidity. The downside of NYC in the winter is that I'm stuck taking the subway instead of riding my bike. The subway in NYC is a disaster if you have to commute long distances and make transfers, as I do. I listen to a lot of podcasts.

Quote: (04-19-2017 07:53 PM)Travel Museums Wrote:  

When I'm home in New York i mainly visit family and do cultural stuff. Going out is just to time consuming and expensive unless you're a college kid. I'd rather have money to travel and live internationally. And for that NY is a great hub.

Agreed. There are good flight deals out of NYC - three airports with international flights (Newark, LaGuardia, JFK).

In general I try not to spend money on consumption items in NYC. Just food, transport, and shelter. When I want to have fun, I'd rather collaborate and create, which doesn't cost anything. That, or I leave the city and take a flight somewhere. There are lakes to the north and surfing to the east (Montauk, Long Beach). That doesn't cost very much $$.

Quote: (04-19-2017 09:54 PM)redbeard Wrote:  

Smoking was part of the energy. Smoking adds to the drinking culture and lets everyone let loose.

Part of New Orleans' charm is that it's imperfect. It's dirty. It smells. The houses are 50 years old, everything needs work, there was a ton of damage from the storm. The sidewalks are absolute piece of shit and drunk people fall on sidewalk cracks regularly. Clubs aren't popular, instead smelly dimly lit bars dominate. People come for the grime.

Now? It's the same shotgun house, but with a fresh new paint job, brand new driveway, and a yuuuuge price gauge.

Agreed. I've turned 180 degrees on this also. Exposure to cigarette smoke isn't the healthiest lifestyle decision, but yeah, it lets everyone relax.

I prefer the grime. The grime loosens up a crowd and makes everything more primal. I like a dirty night out. I sleep on the floor these days so after a dirty night out, I come home and fall asleep on the ground like a caveman.

Messages In This Thread