rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Relocating out of NYC at 39

Relocating out of NYC at 39

Hello everyone. I've always enjoyed reading this forum, and there is more accurate information here on locations than anywhere else I have found.

Here is my situation. I'm 39 and live in New York. For a variety of reasons, my career (and industry) hasn't really recovered from the 2008 financial crisis and I've decided it is time to cut my losses and move elsewhere. NYC is great, don't get me wrong. I'm past the stage of caring THAT much about chasing women. I've slammed quite a few models, dancers, and other assorted beautiful women and at this stage, I prefer comfort and financial security over a wide variety of women. I do want to date regularly and perhaps settle down, so abundance of notches is no longer a priority for me.

My line of work is somewhat odd where I can make between $120K and $150K pretty much anywhere in the country and up to $200K under certain circumstances.

I am white, 6'-2", and fit.

Locations I am considering:

Washington, DC: I have a job offer there, friends, and go there frequently so I know a lot of people. It's easy to establish a life there. I know the city is hated here, but I'm well aware of the drawbacks. The cost of living is not as low as I would like, but it's not horrible like New York.

Miami: I also have a job offer here, and potentially could make even more than DC as there is somewhat of a shortage of qualified people in my field. The major drawback is the fact I am white and not at all hispanic. I also do not have many friends there. It is unknown to me how hard it would be to restart my life, but the much lower cost of living and no state income tax is alluring. There are hot women there, and I scored an 8-9 college girl just a few weeks ago.

Dallas: I've got some ties there and an opportunity, but no offer. The cost of living is very low, which is attractive.

Other cities include Atlanta, Louisville, Indianapolis, and even Birmingham, AL. I've been to all four, and they are fine but with the exception of Atlanta, could be limiting. I've long desired to live on the West Coast of Florida, but my job prospects there are a little more dicey.

Anyway, I'm open to any reactions to to the above, or even alternatives! I'm particularly interested in the opinions of white guys who live or have lived in Miami. I read a couple other threads, and the city seems hated by many even more so than DC.

Cheers!

Messages In This Thread