rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

The Jordan Peterson political thread

The Jordan Peterson political thread

Saying someone helped you with depression is not the same as saying they are your savior.

This is one of the major fallacies that Peterson critics harp on.

I have a Jungian therapist who helps me a lot.

He is not my savior.

He hates my politics, but so what? Has nothing to do with therapy.

This is an unfair and casual dismissal.

I was just listening to Peterson's interview with Cernovich for his movie. His ideas are clear and they make sense.

Basic idea: People make mental maps of the world to understand reality.

You have to constantly redesign your map as new information comes in.

It is very tempting to hang onto false information that comforts you when faced with uncomfortable truths, but this leads to disaster.

The best way to know whether or not you are hanging onto to old ideas or actually moving closer to the truth is to use your intuition, which you feel in your body. You can feel in your body when you are getting closer to the truth.

This is simply an explanation of intuition. Too much rationality leads to rationalizing, so you need to really try to listen to your intuition to develop a mental map that gets closer and closer to the truth.

How is this bad? How is this controlled opposition?

It is a mental methodology, not a conclusion. You could use it to come the the conclusions that you, 911, have come to.

This is where Peterson's value lies. You are underestimating people who appreciate him and overestimating yourself when you make these kinds of arguments.

This is a subject that a good Jungian would have a lot to say about.

“The greatest burden a child must bear is the unlived life of its parents.”

Carl Jung

Messages In This Thread