rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Should I put effort into a used car with a lot of miles?

Should I put effort into a used car with a lot of miles?

Hello TheDuncan

I only remember two things from my entire four years of college. Maybe these were the only two things I actually heard with my ears but didn't understand until 20 years later and after doing the opposite until the sting of loss of millions was unbearable. These two things were said by an accounting professor:

"Never spend a dollar to protect 99 cents."
"Never run out of cash."

So in your case you can relate to the 99 cents. Regardless of what you paid you have a basically worthless car. If you were to trade it in it is what in the car business is called a hundred dollar car or fifty dollar car. It is worth zero but they give you some number on paper.

So, maybe it runs and you need it to run and it needs a few dollars here or there. Like if I buy this thirty dollar part it will run for one more month and save ten times that in ubers. But as soon as you spend rims type money then maybe you violate rule #1, and perhaps rule #2.

In some amount of time only you and your lifestyle will determine, the car won't serve you anymore. For example You will want to be taken seriously or you may want safety. When this happens you may find yourself glad you have not spent any more than you had to on it.

Messages In This Thread