rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Thinking of joining the military...

Thinking of joining the military...

Quote: (08-25-2011 01:25 PM)Aliblahba Wrote:  

Quote: (08-25-2011 01:06 PM)InternationPlayboy Wrote:  

Camp Pendleton, right outside of San Diego and Orange County would be my first choice if I HAD to go to the military and I did get to pick. But I would strongly recommend against it. All my friends in the military hate it.

I spent two years there. A lot of guys would head south to T.J. or PCB, and bitched about chicks shooting them down for being military. Me and my crew rolled north to Laguna/Huntington Beaches, Irvine, and Hollywood Blvd. We were gold up there.

Quote: (08-25-2011 01:10 PM)Brian Wrote:  

Military is hit or miss depending entirely on your base. I met a bunch of marines who were stationed in Bulgaria for a year and were just on an absolute tear. But when that year was up you get reassigned, and it can be anywhere from a place like Estonia where you slaughter hot blondes every night to a place an African country where a large percentage of the population has HIV

That's friggin' bullshit. I would have reenlisted to been stationed in Bulgaria. Lol. Some cats catch all the breaks. I did spend a year in Okinawa and sailed to different countries from there, so I can't complain.

The Air Force and Army has the best duty stations, with a few landmines thrown in, like Ft. Hood, or anywhere in Kansas. The Navy has Japan, and well, the Marines basically got 3 main bases. Make it to embassy duty, though, and the world is your oyster.

If you join fight tooth and nail to get stationed abroad. A lot of hands go down when they look for guys to go overseas. From a swooping standpoint, this makes the military tolerable. If stateside, make sure you have a vehicle to get away from base on weekends.

Agreed.

Being in the military is seen as a negative to many of the girls in San Diego.

Messages In This Thread