rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Pitching Nomadic Lifestyle to Employer

Pitching Nomadic Lifestyle to Employer

These are all good points, and yes, thinking it through, I can frame it in a way that doesn't draw attention to the lack of a residence. That's an issue that only becomes significant on my end, not theirs.

The trick is that payroll is calculated on our place of residence for tax purposes, so at some point I'm obligated to point out that my physical address...is not. I would prefer to be honest to the extent required rather than give the appearance of doing anything shady.

However, it occurs to me this is only of interest to the payroll company for tax purposes. An itinerant employee without a fixed worksite is not uncommon and this is probably a solved problem. I may even be able to handle it through their system without bringing it to management at all.

Going 1099 is also a valid answer and one they would likely cooperate with without asking for much additional information.

Hidey-ho, RVFerinos!

Messages In This Thread