rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

What country has been your biggest surprise

What country has been your biggest surprise

Quote: (01-04-2018 11:36 PM)TooFineAPoint Wrote:  

1. Positive: Italy (particularly Tuscany). I expected to see the 2nd - 3rd world (outside of major cities, Italy is basically 2nd world), filled with migrants and kinda fucked. I mean I still expected to enjoy it, but I never imagined I would fall in love with it and think about it every day since leaving.

I have the nature smells burned in my brain, I became obsessed with wine and cooking, I elevated architecture to the highest art form known to man, and I plot my return and eventual purchase of property there constantly.

Hat tip to America. It gets a lot of shit, but it's still the greatest country in the world, and each state is basically like a different place.

2. Negative: Mexico. Disgusting third world shithole. Woohoo, a beach! Who fucking cares. All of those beach vacations in South America and the Caribbean can go get fucked as far as I am concerned. What a depressing society.

Portugal, even though I had good times there and was hosted by a local for some of my trip, I can see why many guys are negative about it. I call it the Mexico of Europe. Tragically ugly women (on average) compared to men, and sadly such a commie presence. Also lots of migrants.

Still many nice things to see there, and lots of beautiful things. But I was shocked that I didn't enjoy it more. The only thing that really stuck with me was the countryside around Evora.

Lisbon and Porto are fun. But not as fun as the other European cities I have visited and lived in.

Wonder what will you think once you visit Naples in South Italy..

Messages In This Thread