rooshvforum.network is a fully functional forum: you can search, register, post new threads etc...
Old accounts are inaccessible: register a new one, or recover it when possible. x

Immigrating to the US - any advices?

Immigrating to the US - any advices?

I think that some of the US based posters here are often too harsh on their own country and sometimes forget how good some of them have it. Up in Canada we freeze our balls off half the year, sure I could move to Vancouver but then its depressing and raining: you guys have Florida, Texas, Arizona, California and Hawaii. There's a lot of benefits and positives to living in the states, of course there's some down sides, just like everywhere else but there's good reasons why so many are so eager to get into the US.

Myself, its something I'm considering in the future, especially if the Canadian economy tanks. My ideal situation would be living in either Florida or Texas not too far from either Houston or Miami, I do trades/technical type work mostly in oil and gas and the companies I work for in Canada are all US based anyway so a transfer shouldn't be too difficult to set up, especially if Trump's forecasted energy boom comes to fruition.

I think living around Houston/Gavelston and working 40-50 weeks each week could be a nice lifestyle, pay would be decent and cost of living is reasonable, fresh seafood and good hunting, fishing and outdoor recreation are a few things that attract me to the area. I'm sure I'd find a Texan girl to date, preferably Latina. If not, Houston is a great hub to Latin America and the Caribbean for cheap/direct flights if I ever wanted to go on a quick bang mission [Image: banana.gif]

Anyway, maybe this guy just wants to escape from Denmark's Jante law and the European culture of mediocrity, I can definitely understand wanting to live in better weather!

Messages In This Thread